This very significant NRHP home was built in 1826 by a veteran of the War of 1812. The Mastersons, natives of Kentucky, were lured to the sight by the big spring on the property that still flows today. They built a stone Georgian cottage out of limestone and brick. This is an opportunity to own one of the finest restored historic homes in NE Missouri. Its fabulous curving staircase, exquisite mantels & woodwork were carefully restored. The original wide plank chestnut on the first floor & cherry on the second glow. Modern electricity, plumbing, & HVAC were carefully added respecting the original building. The 3 acres are fenced & beautifully landscaped with blooming trees & shrubs. The owners built a large barn that measures 48X50 with a 4 car attached garage & a large workshop with HVAC. Until 1980, the house was neglected. Because of its quality construction it could be saved by the current owners and returned to the showplace that Mastersons built. MOVE IN READY.